Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Perfect Blueberry Crisp

I have to say that when I read the list of ingredients and saw MAYONNAISE amongst the list, I was a tad put off. The blog I got the recipe from claims the mayo is supposed to make the crumb topping more crisp. I have to admit... I think they were right!

Blueberry Crisp


4 cups blueberries
2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon (opt.)
1 cup regular mayonnaise

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Wash and pick over blueberries, then place in an 8 inch square baking dish.
(Before placing in them in the baking dish, I tossed the blueberries with a teaspoon or two of cornstarch to help thicken up the blueberries as they cooked.)

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, the sugars, and the cinnamon.


Stir in the mayonnaise until the mixture looks almost like dough.

Crumble the mixture over the fruit.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.

Serve with a dollop of homemade whipped cream! ENJOY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my! I want a few bites.